CAD/ CAM Operator
Flat bed laser, Five axis laser, Water jet, Press Brake and VMC machines are all CNC driven and programmed off-line in the CAD/CAM office. Software packages include Alphacam for geometry generation and programming milling operations and ToPS for programming Trumpf Laser’s both 2D and 3D cutting and welding.
Press Brake folding programs are generated in the Amada AP100 software package which includes development of folded parts and 3D simulation of folding sequences and Flow-Cut software is used to produce CNC code for Flow Water Jet. The company also uses the Solidworks package for the development of parts and this complements the relationship with our clients who also use this software.
The company require an experienced CNC programmer, taking drawings or customer .dxf files and producing code to run the various CNC machines. Training at Trumpf and Amada will be given but candidates must have previous experience of CNC and Cad/Cam systems. The company have ISO 9001 accreditation and MRP systems for scheduling production and candidates will be expected to work within a production team to ensure CNC machines can run continuously and accurately to customer requirements.
- Technical skills
- Ability to identify drawing changes
- Communicate with the shop floor operators
- Accuracy and speed
- Work ethic
Core Behavioral Competencies:
- Good time keeping
- Attention to detail
- Cope with pressure
- BS 8888 – engineering drawing practices and tolerances
- Processes of Press Brake folding
- Water jet cutting, dynamic control
- Flat-bed laser cutting, 5 axis cutting and welding
- VMC machining, tooling, feeds and speeds
- Engineering apprenticeship / college based qualification
- HNC / practical work knowledge
- Engineering degree / practical work knowledge
+ 44 (0) 1444 870 386
Our Postal address:
65, Victoria Road