Cirrus Laser provides this service with 3 pieces of machinery.
Process one is with the Pemserter series 4 press. This machine is air driven and can insert a range of self clinching studs, nuts, stand-offs and panel screws, typically from M2 to M10 thread sizes. Work can be produced using up to 53.4kN force and up to a throat depth of 457mm.
Process two is a manual method utilising a Bralo TR1000, a hand held riveting tool, inserting the nuts at a very high speed. This process is used primarily when access to the rear of the component is not possible. This is a blind riveting method. Hexagonal fasteners are used when possible to prevent rotation of the fastener in service.
Key features of the Bralo TR1000:
- The main body is manufactured in a high density aluminium casting.
- The oleopneumatic cylinders are made of high quality steel, providing the tool with a great resistance.
- Powerful and innovative.
- Riveting capacity up to M-8.
- Pistons covered with anti-wearing material, ensuring a smooth operation
Process three utilises the Flowdrill for drilling and the Flowtap for tapping.
Key features of the Flowdrill:
- It is a chip less process
- It is capable of strong threaded connections for metric, imperial and gas threads
- It is capable of drilling steel, stainless steel, copper, aluminium and brass
- Suited to blind applications with limited access to rear of component
- It is an environmentally friendly, no waste, no separate fasteners, and recyclable
Come and see the other Secondary Ops we offer on a tour of the factory. This can be arranged by calling Mike Martyn on 01273 252 563 or you can contact us.